05 April 2010

‘Sentosa Island’, Singapore





On my fourth day in Singapore, I decided to go to ‘Sentosa Island’. Even this place isn’t really recommended to visit by several bloggers, but my curiosity insisted me to go. As a backpacker, I should choose the cheapest way and the option was to take bus to HarbourFront . From there, I went inside ‘Vivo City’ to buy ticket at Lobi L, Level B. It was only S$ 3 for return ticket. A lot of Singaporean choose this, instead of going by cable car or bus.

Before buying ticket, I decided to have lunch first at ‘Chicken Rice’. I spent about S$ 5,5 for a complete lunch menu, included drink. I also bought a slice of pineapple and kiwi at ‘Food Republic’, near the ticket vendor, for S$2,5.

The adventure then began! My first destination was ‘The Merlion’. Many people took a picture in front of that giant Merlion statue. Just like them, I also took a picture. The lady whom I asked to take my pictures should made several trials, before able to get the whole body of the statue from the top side.

From that place, I went to Siloso Beach. It was hot. I didn’t swim or sunbath, even the others did such activities. I just sat on the beach and watched people playing volley around me. Actually, there’s a thing I suggest you to do there : rent a bicycle to go around this beach. To do such thing, you should put deposit minimum S$ 50, depends on the type of bicycle you rent and also leave your passport.

I didn’t visit many place that day. The only thing I did after leaving the beach is to try ‘The Skyride’. It’s quite an adrenalin activity but recommended to try. Well, it’s like cable car but more adventurous because it’s only several walking chairs, as shown from the pictures bellow.

I was quite nervous because I wore sandals!!! All I did on the first round was keeping an eye on those sandals which I borrowed from my niece. I just couldn’t have any idea how to explain to her if they fall. So, on the next round, I kept them in my bag and started to enjoy the journey.

Last but not the least, ‘Songs of The Sea’. It’s a combination of singing and acting performance with fireworks display. The storyline is all about a fisherman who desires to release her beautiful princess with help from several sea creatures. All those fireworks were beautiful and I can say you shouldn’t miss this performance while you are here. It’s worth to spend your S$10 to see this spectacle

No comments: